This positing is not specifically channeled – it is my own wording. It is my attempt to put words to some concepts about love that have been given to me by those in spirit as well as some experiences of love that they have given to me.
You can think of this as conceptual/intellectual information that they provided, and that is correct, but doesn’t nearly convey the depth of the gift or the intensity of what was provided. They gave me so much more (and continue to do so). They give me love and experiences of love that not only have taught me, but also have helped to heal and transform me.
They have given me a way to disengage what the incarnate world may suggest what love is, and instead to see it more from their perspective.
This has helped me to better understand what good, healthy love feels like from their perspective – to a point of development where they would like to “take me.” And in this posting, I want to pass along some of the analogies and tools they provided.
We are energetic beings. Think of love between souls as energy exchanged between energetic beings. In this way, the love that is part of us – that which we are made of – is, in fact, given and received between souls. We really are giving a part of us, and receiving a part of what is the other! This is true in the incarnate world as well as the world of spirit. Come to this from that concept first – that understanding and that point of view – in order to understand further.
Think of this energy exchange of love as being similar to how electricity flows through a circuit. And think of the many ways that the flow of energy could be interrupted, overwhelmed, drained, etc. in ways that impact good and healthy love experiences.
In a healthy situation, it is symbiotic.
- We are able to give love (our selves) to others, and they are able to receive our love (us).
- And at the same time, we are able to receive love from others (able to receive them) and they are able to give it (give themselves).
Easier said than done!
- So much happens in life that can impact the flow.
- So many things exist in our environments that can impact the flow.
- And, so many soul development opportunities exist that can impact the flow.
And these must be taken into consideration as we work to manage our experiences of healthy, good love.
A few general examples of ways that the flow can be impacted in an unhealthy way include but are not limited to
- Love energy outbound from you to another, but at a rate that exceeds the other’s ability to take it in – overloading them. Keep your ego needs to give yourself in check/in line with the other soul’s ability to take you in.
- Love energy inbound to you from another, but at a rate that exceeds the other’s ability to give themself to you. Keep your ego needs to take them into you in check/in line with the other soul’s ability to give.
- Love energy outbound from you to another, but you must allow it to also come into you. Do not drain yourself, or there will be nothing to give and your health will be impacted.
- Love energy inbound to you from others, but not without you providing it back to others. This is “vampiring” and is not healthy or equitable.
When our pasts and our hurts come into play, we can easily find ourselves “throwing the switch” to turn off or significantly reduce love energy – to protect ourselves from potential hurt.
It is pretty difficult to let love in when we are protecting ourselves from hurt. This protection response is a closure/disruption to the flow of love energy. It makes sense that we would want to interrupt the circuit to create safety. And once we throw the switch to protect ourselves, it can take significant, focused effort (emotional work) to reopen the circuit and attain a healthy, balanced flow of love energy.
- Actively monitor the circuit flow of love energy into as well as out of you.
- If it ain’t love energy or is not healthy/positive, then throw the switch. If it is love, consider opening it and allowing flow.
- Work to be more attuned and skilled at knowing how to throw the circuit switch on and off better (with more ease, faster, cleaner, etc.).
- Consider the concept of a dimmer switch! When testing a flow of energy (that you are giving or receiving), consider that you may need to just reduce/turn down the flow in order to evaluate it and to make a determination if it is positive/healthy love energy…. Or if it isn’t.
- Remember that we are energetic beings – and we are giving and receiving energy that is a part of us to others. Be careful of what you give to others and what you take in from others – it becomes a part of you!
In your daily interactions and daily living keep in mind what energy you want to keep in you – keep with you – as you interact and live. And keep in mind what you do not. Work to release what you do not, and allow it to leave and to not be passed to others as you go about your life and living. Consider this in your interactions with others …incarnate AND those in spirit.